ext2 + quotas

Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] gustavo.michels at emersonenergy.com
Fri Sep 21 13:41:02 GMT 2001

I've been doing some more testing, maybe helpful for you...

Quotas on the filesystem were fine (vfsv0) but, I don't know why, suddenly I
was having some troubles with the vfsv0 quota system. Quotacheck was
creating aquota.user and quotaon was looking for quota.user. So, I ran
quotacheck -F vfsold so quotaon would find the file it needed. Ok, now quota
was working and samba was reporting the correct user's free quota, the way
it should. With vfsv0, it wasn't reporting correctly.

Now I am having some more troubles, with vfsold, as the quotas aren't being
updated after someone writes to the disk (quotacheck complains about active
processes but fuser -m /mount_point doesn't return anything). So, as my
system was like crap, I dedided to start over. That's what I am doing now
:-)

Then I'll try everything again. If I have any new information, I'll post
here.

cheers
Gustavo