Naive question: [print$] and driver association - where?

Jan Grant Jan.Grant at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Sep 21 04:28:02 GMT 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Jan Grant wrote:

> OK, [print$] for associating drivers with printers (managed via CUPS)
> "just works". How? In particular, where are the associations between
> individual shared printers and their respective drivers?

To make this question more precise, I know that rpcclient can be used to
associate a particular driver with a shared printer. I know the driver
files are stored under the print$ share. Where are the associations
between printer and driver stored?

Cheers.

Tel +44(0)117 9287088 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant at bris.ac.uk
(Things I've found in my attic, #2: A hundredweight of pornography.)