SWAT Bad Authorization

Nigel Edwards nigel.edwards at acc-ltd.com
Fri Sep 21 02:19:01 GMT 2001

Hi

Using 2.2.1a and getting 401 SWAT Bad Authorization error.

I am unable to log on from a client on the same network as root (or any
other user).If I use the -a option everything is OK which indicates that the
xinet setup is ok. The documentation refers to the -a option which leaves
everything wide open but I can't find any documentation regarding any other
form of access control for SWAT. What actually controls the access?

We installed from source with no selected config options.

Hope someone can help, I have searched for info without success.

BTW access to SWAT via Webmin is also dead.

Nigel