Samba Network Neighborhood problem

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Sep 20 13:47:02 GMT 2001

Hi Eduardo,
Browsing is problematic.  It could be a LOT of things;
questions:
What are the actual names that you are looking for in network
neighborhood for these two samba servers - are you really
looking for "smb1" and "smb2"?  Because in your smb.conf for
smb2, you have specified the netbios name aruna, NOT smb2; so
aruna is what is going to be in the browse list.
You may be able to get to it via run command by \\smb2, because
you are resolving the name "smb2" via dns...
Don