Printing Windows-2000

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Thu Sep 20 12:39:02 GMT 2001

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Adam Lenda wrote:

> Okay, here is what we came up with
>
> If your using a UNIX print server running samba 2.2.1a then make sure
> you have your server logged into the root console. THis sounds crayz i
> know. BUt when we have the server sitting at the root console (in
> solaris 8) all our prinnting runs find, other wise we have issues. I
> all so have the problem with access denied messages, however it still
> prints.
>
> this is our printers section
>
> [printers]
> 	guest ok = yes
> 	path = /usr/spool/samba
> 	browseable = yes
> 	read only = yes
> 	printable = yes
> 	write list = @ntadmin, root
>
> good luck all, its a real pain in the a$$

IIRC I described why this happens under the "use client driver"
parameter in smb.conf(5).  I'm betting that you are logged into
the NT/2000 client as an admin and hence the reason for the
"access denied" message.  You are also using a local printer
driver (not one installed on the samba server).  NT treats
local printers differently.

cheers, jerry