Setting ACLs via Windows client

Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] gustavo.michels at emersonenergy.com
Thu Sep 20 07:05:15 GMT 2001

Hi,

> > [root at splus001 var]# wbinfo -s
> S-1-5-21-1251350007-2636732721-412050243-1000
> >  8
> > [root at splus001 printers]# wbinfo -n Everyone
> > S-0-0 8
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Nope.  Everyone is a BUILTIN account.  Do any of the ACL
> entries show up
> as "Unknown Account" in the security dialog on the NT client.

No... The entries in the security tab are the Administrator, the Domain
Admin group and Everyone. Before doing any acl settings, I first chown
admin:domain admin group for that folder, that's why they appear in the
security tab. Any changes I make (with the folder owner, the administrator)
in the list are saved but not reflected as I try to access the share with an
allowed user (by the acl).

cheers
Gustavo