--with-acl-support

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Wed Sep 19 18:55:02 GMT 2001

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Szõllõsi Imre wrote:

> i cant compile the 2.2.1-9 package
> --with-acl-support, beacuse
> HAVE_SYS_ACL_H has wrong settings somewhere.
> i cant fix the bug,
> i just comment out the #ifdef HAVE_SYS_ACL_H line
> in the source/include/includes.h
> for a (i hope) good compilation.
> i use acl 1.1.2 from sgi,
> and the latest debian woody packages.

I think you'll find that if samba can't detect that you have acl.h (and the
related library then the samba will not be able to support ACL's

Please verify that you have:
patched,built and installed the kernel correctly,
Built the acl utils.
Built and installed versions of e2fsprogs and fileutils that support ACL's

Once you have done that and verifued that you have ACL's working on the local
system then you can get samba to use them.

ACL's aren't for the faint of heart, if you feel uncomfortable with the steps
above then you reconsider your need for ACL's

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */