nmblookup -M "-" shows two browse masters

Joel Hammer jhammer2 at home.com
Wed Sep 19 18:23:04 GMT 2001

Ok. I read the book with swat. And, I looked at my nmbd logs.
Yes, the lowly client HAMMER2 won the election for subnet  192.168.0.2
(I don't know why the subnet is reported as the ip of the host).
The question is, why? Can one machine not be the master browser for two
subnets? Makes sense, since I have JHAMMER6 as the domain master, too!
BTW, once you get the domain master browser figured out, cross subnet
browsing makes MUCH more sense.
To find your domain master browser,
nmblookup WORKGROUP#1b
Joel