Samba Server Disappears from Network Neighbourhood but

Tristan Warbey tristan.warbey at ytko.com
Wed Sep 19 04:34:02 GMT 2001

.....after restarting smb inside init.d it starts up again fine but that
means disconnecting all my users. If you just type the path name into
windows explorer it will come up fine and everone can still use it. The NT
boxes dont appear to be able to see it when you do this though. Has anyone
else experienced this ? there doesnt appear to be any reason for it to
dissapear it just does it every time samba has been running for a week or
so. After a ps ax it still shows as a running process ? ? !

Is there a fix ? or do I need to reconfigure the win98 clients somehow ?

Regards,

Tris
Tristan Warbey                   Tristan.Warbey at ytko.com
Technical Support               http://www.ytko.com
YTKO, 5-7 Portugal Place        Phone: +44 (0)1223 461 400
Cambridge, CB5 8AF              Fax: +44 (0)1223 461 460

YTKO: The first choice and best value for pro-active, innovative marketing
services in Europe