Printing revised...

Wade Winright Wwinrigh at thecreek.com
Tue Sep 18 16:08:02 GMT 2001

Hello all,
I have gotten my samba print server setup, and I have no more 'Access
denied, unable to connect' errors on the queue status for the client, but
nothing shows up in the queue when printed. Also when I select cancel print
from the client, I get an access denied in the queue. I am using CUPS
1.1.10, which should be fully supported with samba as far as I can tell from
the docs.
Here is my smb.conf:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2001/09/10 08:49:11

# Global parameters
[global]
        use client driver = Yes
        wins server = XXXXXXXX
        domain master = False
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd %u -g smbuser
        announce version = 5.0
        printing = cups
        dns proxy = No
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        max log size = 50
        preferred master = False
        interfaces = eth0
        password server = XXXPDC01
        delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel %u
        security = SERVER
        server string = Samba Server
        workgroup = CWC
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m