ext2 + quotas

Greg Conway greg at gmlnt.com
Tue Sep 18 14:18:01 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I've got a question regarding file permissions. I've eventually managed to
get a Win2K Samba Server running, and it's very nearly perfect! Or at least,
as perfect as NT gets... :-)

So, my last problem is that despite setting the network drive permissions
(/export/samba/data) as 770, any files written to this directory by samba
(the end user) are written with 755 permissions, with the consequence of any
files being created by a user may be read by his or her colleagues, but not
amended or overwritten by them.

I've tried convincing the users of this Server that this is network security
and they have to make duplicate copies, but they're not having any of it!!

I'm sure this is something I've overlooked somewhere, presumably an
additional setting in the smb.conf?

Any help on this much appreciated!

Regards,

Greg Conway.

This is a confidential communication between sender and addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender and do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Any opinions or views expressed are those of the individual, and unless otherwise stated, are not those of the company. All attachments and intellectual rights remain the property of GML (NT) Limited.