CVS to Redhat...

Steve sshelder at home.com
Tue Sep 18 10:14:02 GMT 2001

You need to activate SWAT.

I assume you are using xinetd in Redhat 7.1 as we are.

go to the /etc/xinetd.d directory and edit the swat file.

This is an example of mine.

# default: off
#              to configure your Samba server. To use SWAT, \
#              connect to port 901 with your favorite web browser.
service swat
{
        disable = no
        port    = 901
        socket_type     = stream
        wait    = no
#       only_from = localhost
        user    = root
        server  = /usr/sbin/swat
        log_on_failure  += USERID
}
as you can see it is disabled by default, so you will need to enable it.  I also commented out the only_from=localhost so I could access swat from a browser on my workstation by entering http://your_samba_server_ip:901

I hope this help.

Steve Helder