Samba 2.2.1a

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Tue Sep 18 07:34:04 GMT 2001

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Sally L Goldberg wrote:

> I just loaded Samba 2.2.1a (previously running 2.0.7) and am having major
> problems.  The load on my server keeps climbing (got as high as *95* this
> morning.  Relevant info following:
>
> Manufacturer is           Sun (Sun Microsystems)
> System Model is           Enterprise 250 Model 2400
> Main Memory is            2.0 GB
> Virtual Memory is         4.3 GB
> OS Version is             5.7

I would suggest grabbing the latest Samba 2.2 cvs code and
trying that.  There have been several related bug fixes
which would relate to this type of problem.

Are you seeing an abnormal about of CPU usage for an smbd?
If so, what shows up from strace of the process?

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org