Setting Up Samba with a LinkSYS Cable Router

Jack Malone jmalone at horizonind.com
Tue Sep 18 05:27:02 GMT 2001

I have this linksys cable/dsl router here at work an at home an had a samba
server at both locations. No problem at either location . I have a mix of
win95/98/me at work an they see the server. I'm letting the router serve up
ip's for now til i get that working on the linux box. Im using suse linux
by the way.  Not sure what your problem is. can you manuelly setup the
win98 box to see the samba server, not by browsing. ex go into my computer
on the that machine an under tools click on the map network drive, an give
the path to the samba server, here is my path ex \\Horizon\horizon\ . where
as \\Horizon is the name of the machine an the \horizon is my share name on
that server.

give that a try an see if it works for you.

jack malone
Network Administrator
Horizon Industries