printing dialog problem (slow) 2.2.1a

philipp mayrhofer philipp.mayrhofer at lisec.com
Mon Sep 17 23:15:02 GMT 2001

on win2k i tried to loggin as administrator and "main user" (hauptbenutzer - on
german)
on samba the setting
printer admin = @admin
let me be printer admin in both cases.
.) i will try it without the setting printer admin and try again
-- but a different user - the user who made me look for this problem is not printer
admin
-- and he has the same problem

.) i noticed this:

- if the printer was connected to the win2k station with an old samba v2.0.x, the
printer properties dialog remembers the port connection status to the
lan-manager-printer when i switch to samba 2.2.1a (CVS)
this means also that the dialog is "fast" on samba 2.2.1a

- if i connect a new (or the same) printer from samba 2.2.1a the lan-manager-printer
is not created in the printer
properties dialog - should that be like this?

should i send the log-file to your address only - because the list restriction is
40k?