FW: include =

Hugo Levasseur hugo.levasseur at mcgill.ca
Mon Sep 17 14:26:04 GMT 2001

Thanks Don,

This actually helped some.  Now, although I ve set the debugging level
to 3 and I m trying to use smbclient to verify smb.conf.%L is loaded...
It seems authentification fails:

This is what I m trying to do (maybe samba just can t do this).

To use both DOMAIN and USER level "security =" for the [HOMES] share.
(Don’t ask me why please ;) )...

This is how I think it would be possible:

To create one main smb.conf file in which there is an "include =
smb.conf.%L" statement in the [global] section. Like this:

[global]
Workgroup = DOMAIN
Netbios name = MACHINE
Netbios aliases = MACHINE1
Include = /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.%L
Log file = /some/log/file
Socket options = tcp_nodelay
Dns proxy = no
Local master = no

Then I created two files, one called smb.conf.MACHINE another called
smb.conf.MACHINE1

The first one is setup like this:
[global]
Security = DOMAIN
Password server = DC
Encrypt passwords = yes
[homes]
Comment = blah
Browseable = no
Writeable = yes

The other looks like this
[global]
Security = user
[homes]
Comment = blah
Browseable = no
Writeable = yes

This is how I ve seen it on major web sites and in books where this is
explained.

Do you guys have any idea of why this may not be working?

Hugo