stop+start winbindd in SWAT and pidfile_create("winbindd")

Jay Ts jay at toltec.metran.cx
Mon Sep 17 10:54:13 GMT 2001

This looks like the scripts I see on my Red Hat system, so I'm
guessing that it's for Red Hat Linux.  (Am I correct or not?)

I think other systems may not have the function libraries
that include the daemon and killproc functions.

The daemon function is not required; you can just start smbd and nmbd as

	/usr/local/samba/bin/smbd -D
	/usr/local/samba/bin/nmbd -D

and I assume this works for winbindd too.  As for killproc,
another method (that works on Red Hat and I'm not sure where
else!) is

	/bin/kill -TERM -a smbd
	/bin/kill -TERM -a nmbd

Don't use -KILL unless you really have to!  Note that /bin/kill is
not the same as the shell's builtin kill command, because it supports
the -a option.

- Jay Ts