Pam question

Rogelio J. Baucells rogelio at ats-corp.com
Mon Sep 17 08:06:02 GMT 2001

Hello Gustavo

You need to change the pam files of the services you want to auth using
winbindd. For example if you want to allo users to login using telnet,
you need to change the '/etc/pam.d/login' file. If you are using RedHat
linux there is a system-auth file that is used by all services. I
modified this file because I wanted to auth all services using winbind
(my modification to this file is posted in a thread called 'Winbindd --
before I send a bug report'). Test your service while you are logged in
the console, because if you modify a file you are using to log in
(login, sshd) and there is a problem with winbind, you wont be able to
log in again.

Rogelio J. Baucells