Forcing Elections: was Samba RH4.0->RH7.1: lost WAN services

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 04:46:11 GMT 2001

Hi all,

I've been doing some more investigations into this problem that I reported
last week.

The problem seams to be that a headless NT box that we have set up to run a
network photocopier is becoming browsemaster over my Samba box.  This happens
when Samba is stopped, e.g. at reboot.

How do I force a new election when I bring up Samba on my linux box? Also,
how do I make sure that it Linux box wins?

Again, my config file, along with the old config file that used to work are
included below.

Gary

--
Gary Stainburn