FW: kernel oplocks 2.2.1a

Juer Lee Juer.Lee at raidtec.ie
Mon Sep 17 03:47:02 GMT 2001

Hi, All,

I went through the source code (smbd/files.c) already, I got some
information about oplocks there, so my previous problem is not the
problem :) =20
But I still have a question:
If I disable the 'kernel oplocks' and enable 'oplocks', if I edit and
save a file on Samba client, can I get the changes right away ( using vi
to open the same file under Linux )? My results are all same when I
disable or enable 'kernel oplocks'.
Has anybody experience this problem?

Juer