kernel oplocks 2.2.1a

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Sun Sep 16 16:37:02 GMT 2001

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, ian j hart wrote:

> =>	This parameter defaults to on on systems that have the
> 	support, and off on systems that don't. You should never
> 	need to touch this parameter.
>
> 	See also the oplocks and level2 oplocks parameters.
>
> =>?	Default: kernel oplocks = yes
> </quote>
>
> Defaults to yes, but we (FreeBSD) don't have this feature (yet).

Doesn't matter.  If the kernel doesn't support the feature,
the resulting code in Samba (to support kernel oplocks)
becomes a no op.  I will up date the man page next week.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org