Q:samba windows 95

Christian Barth barth at cck.uni-kl.de
Sun Sep 16 03:44:02 GMT 2001

> Hi,
> in my solaris , smb.conf i have enabled the encrypt password option.
> Windows 95 PCs do not send encrypted passwords. How do i get around that?.
> Like it is now, users at windows 95 PCs can not share the solaris dir.
If the client does not send encrypted passwords, samba takes the
plaintext password and checks it again /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow, nis,
pam or what ever is used on your system. With out any special setup
wie do not have any problems with a mixture of plaintext and
encrypted passwords.

Are your solaris user accounts disabled in /etc/passwd?

Christian