Error compiling samba with smbmount support

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Sat Sep 15 15:02:04 GMT 2001

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Joel Hammer wrote:

> Compiling client/smbmount.c
> client/smbmount.c: In function `close_our_files':
> client/smbmount.c:98: storage size of `limits' isn't known
> client/smbmount.c:100: `RLIMIT_NOFILE' undeclared (first use in this
> function)

RLIMIT_NOFILE should be defined in sys/resource.h (assuming glibc, don't
remember where libc5 puts things, and it's actually in bits/)

./configure should have detected that you have that file and put
#define HAVE_SYS_RESOURCE_H 1
in include/config.h

Did it, and if not what kind of system are you on?

/Urban