winbind interfaces bug and machine account problem

Mike Dawson mdawson at totton.ac.uk
Sat Sep 15 06:35:05 GMT 2001

Hi,

I think I've found a bug in winbind (yesterday's cvs head).  If there is more than one ip address bound to an interface winbind will only broadcast on the subnet of the first address bound, regardless of the interfaces setting in smb.conf.

Multiple ip addresses don't seem to cause the rest of samba any problems.  A workaround is to change the order at which the addresses are loaded and winbind is able to find my domain controller now.

A problem I have now is that wbinfo -t says:

Secret is bad
0x0812dd70

I was seemingly able to join the domain okay with smbpasswd -j.  Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike