Printing with SAMBA 2.2 and a Windows 2000 Client... !??

kevin.wilson at ntlworld.com kevin.wilson at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 15 04:06:02 GMT 2001

Hello,

I have had this before, I am running SUSE 6.4 with Samba 2.2.0
acting as a PDC for a NT4 Workstation and a NT2000 Workstation.

How I got around it, was to use the drivers from the Windows server
CD (a directory on the CD called Printers). If the drivers needed
were for a NT4 Workstation, then NT4 Server CD was needed. If it
was for NT2000 Workstation, then NT2000 Server CD was needed.

This is how I got around it, A don't know if it is a bug or just the
way it works. Hope this helps.

Kevin