Problems when upgrading from 2.0.6 to 2.2.1a

Auleta, Michael michael.auleta at Boeing.com
Fri Sep 14 11:40:03 GMT 2001

I upgraded our samba server from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 8, and our Samba
software from 2.0.6 to 2.2.1a.  I've encountered two problems that I can't
seem to find an answer for.

In our environment, we NFS mount the filesystems to the samba server, and
then share them with samba.  It makes our administration easier.

1) Along with our PC's, we also use Microsoft NT Server, Terminal Server
Edition so our UNIX users have access to Office applications. The PC's were
able to map the shares without a problem, but on the terminal servers, only
the first user trying to map from the server could map using the NetBios
name. Every user after that received the "Connect As" dialog boxes, and
would never be able to map the share because it would continually fail.  If
they used the real hostname (which isn't the same as the NetBios name), they
could map the shares.  This didn't happen in 2.0.6.

2) I have a share set up where if a user descends 3 folders deep, no files
show up.  All of the files have similar names.  Trying to get a listing in
smbclient produces "ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.)", however, a
listing in UNIX has no problem.  The original directory only has 212 files
in it.  If I create a new directory and start to copy files into it from the
original directory it works for the new directory up to 131 files.  As soon
as you put the 132'nd file there, the listing fails.  Additionally, if you
delete enough files to get below 132, the folder still shows up empty.
Again, this didn't happen under 2.0.6.

Any suggestions?

Mike