Host Announcement

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Sep 14 06:25:20 GMT 2001

Hi Silviu,
the short answer to that is "browsing sucks".  That's just the way
MS implemented it. Sorry.  There are probably ways of defeating this, but I
have
never done it; you can reduce the amount of broadcast traffic by making all
the
clients and servers use WINS, but this affects name lookup; browsing and
browse lists
are still going to depend on broadcast...  Perhaps someone else on the list
has
addressed eliminating broadcasts on their network???

Don