domain controller =

Silviu Marin-Caea silviu at delrom.ro
Fri Sep 14 06:22:03 GMT 2001

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 06:12:41 -0700
"MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1)" <don_mccall at hp.com> wrote:

> Ok, Silviu;
> I feel kinda stupid here - where are you comming up with
> "domain controller=" as a valid smb.conf parameter?
> What version of Samba are you working with?
> I can't find any reference to this parameter in the current
> Samba 2.2 or 2.0.7,8,9.10 code....

[root at vuia textdocs]# rpm -q samba
samba-2.0.10-2
[root at vuia textdocs]# grep "domain controller" /etc/samba/smb.conf
# if you already have a Windows NT domain controller doing this job
# configured at install time to be a primary domain controller.
;   domain controller = <NT-Domain-Controller-SMBName>

I don't find it in 2.2.1a.  Forget about it, I guess it does not
matter much.  Maybe it detects it automatically now.

--
Systems and Network Administrator - Delta Romania
Phone +4093-267961