samba will not work for me... :/

Unix Rookie unixrookie at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 17:41:26 GMT 2001

I ran through DIAGNONSIS.txt again.

I seem to have problems with test 5 and test 8.

The solutions for test 5 are non-existant... which is sorta annoying.  And as
for test 8 I've done the lmhost thing to resolve the problem but it still
doesn't work... which makes me believe that test 8 is dependant on test 5.

I need to back stuff to my FreeBSD box so that I can do some reinstalls...
anyone have ANY ideas... maybe a less problematic (for me anyways) alternative
to Samba?

-Sameer