login scripts

Daniel William Schultz danws at terra.com.br
Wed Oct 31 17:06:02 GMT 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:52:07 -0500
"Steve Helder" <sshelder at home.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a place that describes login scripts that are
> run when you logon.

Here is the link:
http://www.phonax.com/fileservers/

> I need to set up logon scripts to map drives, assign environmental variables
> about users and do so other stuff.

Don't worry, it's easy to do it.
Customizing the scripts that you can get on PHONAX, or doing your scripts ( those on PHONAX are in perl...
I decided to make my own scripts, based on bash scripting. )
But the original idea come from what I saw on phonax, so the credits are not mine :)

> I am looking for a list of variables that can be used and such.  Right now
> all my login script does is set the time of the machine to the samba server
> and map one drive.  I need to capture printer ports too but need to do it
> based on a users group.

If you still have doubts after seeing the tutorials, send me a message with you smb.conf attached, and I'll reply with
my smb.conf and the scripts I have made. Ok?

Sorry for the poor english :)

Daniel William Schultz