Automated user lockout during certain hours

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Wed Oct 31 15:36:02 GMT 2001

You would also have to restart samba to kick out the users.  (SMB
clients will reconnect in this case, logging in with the same username
and password).

However the smbpasswd -d option is a bit of a hack, I would recommend
instead looking into the 'obey pam restrictions' paramater - and using
it with the 'pam_time.so' module to the same effect.  This would mean
that you would not accedentily re-enable accounts that you had disabled
for other reasons.

Andrew Bartlett