smbstatus & connections.tdb

Lewis, Terry {Info~Palo Alto} TERRY.LEWIS at ROCHE.COM
Wed Oct 31 15:29:03 GMT 2001

Greetings,

  After recently upgrading Samba from 2.0.7 to 2.2.2 on my Solaris
Unix servers, I have problems running command 'smbstatus'.  When
I run smbstatus as root, it correctly displays connection information
for users who've mapped network drives to server shares.  However,
when I run smbstatus as non-root, instead of displaying connection
information, it issues the message "connections.tdb not initialised'.
This didn't happen with the earlier Samba release.  How do I fix this?

Terry