Samba 2.0.7 problems (on RedHat 7.0)

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Wed Oct 31 10:12:04 GMT 2001

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Dimitrie Paun wrote:

> I do not understand why it complains about the noexec option. Here is my
> fstab:

"user" implies noexec. smbmount doesn't understand "user" either.

> Thanks. It seems that it occurs after smb_trans2_request reports an error,
> which makes sense. What is
>
> smb_trans2_request: result=-104, setting invalid
>
> telling us? That the remote system disconnected? (if I understood correctly
> from some posts on the net). If so, can it be the Win2K autodisconnect
> feature at work here?

Yes. But that doesn't answer why it doesn't reconnect as it should.

smbmount can log things more verbosely, try setting debug=4 and see if you
get any interesting messages in /var/log/samba/smbmount.log
(assuming you run smbmount as someone that can write there)

/Urban