Bidirectional printers, LPRng, and Samba...

Glenn Sieb ges at lumeta.com
Wed Oct 31 07:42:41 GMT 2001

On 05:22 PM 10/29/2001 -0500, Joel Hammer wrote:
>I have a lexmark z53 which is a bidirectional printer. It will only work if
>I turn off the bidirectional function in the configuration program.

Ok, the problem here is very different.

We have HP LaserJets with HP JetDirect cards in them.

LPRng does the bi-directional bit just peachy

Samba won't let us communicate with the printers that way. I was under the
impression that this version of Samba *did* allow bidirectional
communication with printers.

Thanks,
Glenn

---