log activity -- related?

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Wed Oct 31 06:42:04 GMT 2001

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Cain Brian-BCAIN1 wrote:

> Odd, I just noticed that smbstatus does not work, either:
>
> >[root at xxxxx /root]# smbstatus
> >
> >Samba version 2.2.2
> >Service      uid      gid      pid     machine
> >----------------------------------------------
> >
> >Failed to open byte range locking database
> >ERROR: Failed to initialise locking database
> >Can't initialise locking module - exiting
>
> Is it possible that this is related to the other issue?

Old bug.  Fixed in the latest releases.

To answer you question, it looks like the client is asking
to open the file with a share mode of RDONLY.  Office has the
way of saving files.  Just for fun, try setting "oplocks = no"
and see if this corrects your problem.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org