Problem joining NT Domain

HAWKINS Paul paul.hawkins at eurocontrol.int
Wed Oct 31 06:23:02 GMT 2001

I seem to have got into a bit of a muddle. I am trying to use smbpasswd -j
<domain> -r <domainpdc> to join my samba server to a domain.
However I get back the following...

cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC credentials to machine HORUS.

Error was : NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT.
2001/10/31 15:19:59 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password
for domain OFFICE_B.

Can anyone point me back in the right direction?
Regards
Paul