Samba 2.2.1a PDC and Win XP

Steven Westbrook westbrook at westserver.swestbrook.org
Tue Oct 30 20:08:02 GMT 2001

I'm seeing exactly the same problem with a Samba 2.2.2 that previously
worked great with Windows 2000.

The exact error that I'm getting is: "Windows cannot connect to the
domain, either because the domain controller is down or otherwise
unavailable, or because our computer account was not found."  However,
once I do log on using a local windows account, I can browse the network
neighborhood and see the samba server as usual and view the shares after
it asks me for a valid domain password and account.  I also can have the
windows XP machine join the domain, but when I log off and try to log back
on to the domain, I still get the error.  Reboots cause the same problem.
Anyone have any ideas?  I have recompiled the source from scratch just to
make sure that wasn't a problem.....

thanks,

steve