FUD or foolishness? Windows XP Home and Samba

Shirish Kalele kalele at veritas.com
Tue Oct 30 08:30:32 GMT 2001

Hi,

I played around with a beta copy of XP Home for a while (months ago), and
didn't have any problems talking to Samba or any NT server. I think they
have the same RDR as Win2K in the XP version. The 'net use' command works,
as does the map-drive dialog in explorer. Maybe you can't join XP Home to a
domain, but that shouldn't prevent you from connecting to domain resources
if you have a domain user account.

I would be very surprised if what ZD says of the production version is true.

Regards,
Shirish