mounting windows clients

Storm Jumper stormjumper at myrealbox.com
Mon Oct 29 21:05:08 GMT 2001

hi greg,

hope i'm not being presumptious,
but you sound like you're trying to mount
your shares to /mnt.

in the distribution i use, Peanut Linux 9.0,
the floppy and cdrom are mounted at
/mnt/floppy and /mnt/cdrom respectively,
so when /mnt is mounted, they will be lost.

what you can try is to create a few more directories
(ie. mount point)
in /mnt, eg /mnt/c, or /mnt/remote1, or /mnt/samba, etc
then try mounting your samba shares to them,

eg mount -t smbfs //storm1/c /mnt/samba/c

is what i usually do.

---
my email address is stormjumper at myrealbox dot com
pls remove the unnecessary bits from the reply address
i apologise for the inconvenience