Help with Execvp error.

Sterling Moses sterling at silversoftwareinc.com
Mon Oct 29 19:06:02 GMT 2001

Greets. I am running the latest release version on Linux RedHat 7.2. I
have full connectivity from my windows Domain to samba (ie. It is in the
domain). But from samba to the windows domain (ie. Any windows computer)
I am having problems with mounting shares.

Below are some screen dumps. I think this should be simple, it is just
beyond my reach right now. The following fails to work. I have tried all
variations including mount -t smbfs -o username=xxxx,password=xxx
//paladin/software mnt, etc...

------------------------------
[root at mobile smoses]# mount -t smbfs //paladin/software mnt
Password:
execvp of smbmnt failed. Error was No such file or directory.smbmnt
failed: 1

Yet I know I have connectivity, I can issue the following and it works
fine (Paladin is a Win2K DC).

[root at mobile smoses]# smbclient -L paladin
added interface ip=192.168.1.123 bcast=192.168.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Password:
Domain=[HQ] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        dfs            Disk
        color          Printer   HP DeskJet 930C Series
        IPC$           IPC       Remote IPC
        print$         Disk      Printer Drivers
        Resources$     Disk      "Event logging files"
        OFFICEXP       Disk
        NETLOGON       Disk      Logon server share
        ssinc          Disk
        nec            Printer   NEC SuperScript 1260
        F$             Disk      Default share
        maildat$       Disk      "Access for MSMI postoffice"
        ADMIN$         Disk      Remote Admin
        SYSVOL         Disk      Logon server share
        java           Disk
        C$             Disk      Default share
        PALADIN.log    Disk      "Exchange message tracking logs"
        software       Disk
        Address        Disk      "Access to address objects"
        rmon           Disk

Any help.

Sterling.

smoses at tessereye.com