mounting windows clients

Greg Conway greg at gmlnt.com
Mon Oct 29 07:20:02 GMT 2001

> Hi all,
>
> Quick question...
>
> I have Samba set up and running quite happily, and providing
> netbios shares to our network.
>
> Using Samba, can I connect to shares on other Windows machines
> and mount them under linux so they are available to traverse via linux?
>
> I ask, as I backup the machine by tar'ing up groups of files and
> writing them to a tape drive daily, using a simple script I knocked up.
>
> I want to be able to back up drives across the network by the
> same system, so I thought if I could simply mount these drives
> somehow I could include the mountpoints in my tar routine.
>
> Anybody got any advice / info / comments on what I'm trying to
> achieve here?
>
> Many thanks for any help received.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg Conway.
>
> --
> ==================================
> Greg Conway
> Technical Director
> GML Networking Technologies
>
> Email/MSN: greg at gmlnt.com
> ICQ#: 100219981
> mobile tel.: +44 (0) 7974 666 967
> mobile fax: +44 (0) 7970 087 935
> Internet: http://www.gmlnt.com
> office tel.: +44 (0) 1255 672 103
> office fax: +44 (0) 1255 679 909

This is a confidential communication between sender and addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender and do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Any opinions or views expressed are those of the individual, and unless otherwise stated, are not those of the company. All attachments and intellectual rights remain the property of GML (NT) Limited.