Samba use with NetApp filers ?

Sean E. Millichamp sean at compu-aid.com
Mon Oct 29 06:51:03 GMT 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Frank Bonnet wrote:

> DOes anybody use Samba as a domain controller
> for a NetApp filer usage ?

I tried joining an older NetApp Filer (version 5.x, sorry, can't be more
specific) to a Samba 2.2.1a domain and never had any success.

I sought the help of the Samba team for a while (debug logs, tcpdumps,
etc), but the end result seemed to be that "it worked for them" and I
never ended up getting it joined successfully.

The Filer and Samba setup in question is no longer available so I can't
provide much more in the way of specifics.

My advice would be: If you can try it without too much trouble, it is
worth giving it a try.  But do not bet on it working until you have seen
it work for your own eyes.

Hope that helps.

Sean

--
 Sean E. Millichamp, Consultant
 Ingematics - A Division of Compu-Aid, Inc.