Password expiry in Samba?

Kimmo Akkanen kimmo.akkanen at remedium.fi
Sun Oct 28 23:56:02 GMT 2001

>>In the smbpasswd file, can someone tell me what the last field in each
>>line means? This is the field that begins with "LCT-". I'm trying to
>>generate each line from the smb crypt perl module and I need to know what
>>to put there.

> LCT == Last Change Time. It's the time in seconds since 1970 when
> the password was last changed.
> Jeremy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to give an easy
way to implement "password expiry" or such parameter to
Samba? Couldn't Samba just check this "LCT" from smbpassword
and notify the user if it's more than what's given at smb.conf?

This could perhaps be done manually now, but would be
a nifty feature to have straight from smb.conf.

Btw, Samba 2.2.2 is an excellent product - stable as a rock! =)
Thanks!

Best regards,
--
    Kimmo Akkanen