FW: twice delete a directory before it really is deleted
epl at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Oct 28 16:05:03 GMT 2001
On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Martin Stuij wrote:
> I have tested but it doesn't work
> oplocks = no doesn't solve the problem.
I have strong reason to believe that the oplocks bug is unrelated to
the bug you're experiencing. The problem described by Edward was when
deleting files server-side not being reflected client-side. Your problems,
seems to be that W2K cannot recursively delete directories in certain
> But it's very strange. When I delete a directory on the right side it works
> BTW I use Windows 2000 Prof
Can you please try the following tests for me?
1) If you have a copy of Win9x, WinME or WinNT, can you repeat the test
with those clients. My tests indicates that it is W2K-specific.
2) Can you narrow down the bug by doing the following.
- Create a "FolderA" and open it up in a normal view (ie without the
- Under "FolderA", create a subdirectory called "FolderB". Also open up
- Try to delete "FolderA" anyway you wish. It should fail and give an
error message. However, "FolderB" will be deleted.
- If you repeat the test with "FolderB" closed, you should be able to
More information about the samba