Startup for smbd

Kourosh Ghassemieh kourosh at loop.com
Fri Oct 26 15:01:04 GMT 2001

As the root user, at the command promtp

chkconfig  --level 345 smb on

Unfortunately, I can't remember if RH uses smb or samba for
it's samba service.  You can check which it is by doing

ls /etc/rc.d/init.d and look for either smb or samba.  If RH
uses samba then simply replace smb, above, with samba.

I don't remember what RH uses as their graphical service
management tool, but this way is faster anyway.