execvp error

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Fri Oct 26 13:54:03 GMT 2001

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 Preston.Newton at txucom.com wrote:

> If I do a which smbmnt it comes back
>
> /usr/sbin/smbmnt
>
> So it does seem to be in my path

That depends on the path used by the smbmount process, which isn't
necessarily the same as when you type 'which' into an xterm ...
(run as different users perhaps)

> > I have installed samba-2.2.2 on a redhat 7.2 box and it works fine, so I
> > installed it on my laptop also.  I am getting the error "execvp of smbmnt
> > faild.  Error was No such file or directory.smbmnt failed: 1".  This
Means that execvp couldn't find the file, or that a shared library it
depends on can't be found.

You should try to execute /usr/sbin/smbmnt

/Urban