print server and windows 95/98

Bryan M Baer bbaer at 3ip.net
Fri Oct 26 08:36:16 GMT 2001

I'm trying to set up a print server on a RedHat 7.2 box to share a
number of printers at my location with the Win 95/98 machines.  I can
see the printers and I can install the printers but the test page print
is failing.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I can print to
this "test" printer fine from the server so I know the printer is
installed correctly.

Thanks,
Bryan

Here's the smb.conf file:
(I also want to use this server as a file sharing solution which is why
the [homes] is there... I haven't even started to work on why it doesn't
work yet!)

;
;
; /etc/samba/smb.conf

[global]
         path = /public
         smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
         printing = bsd
         lock directory = /var/lock/samba
         encrypt passwords = yes
         printcap name = /etc/printcap
         writable = yes
         printer = acctg_laser_q
         security = share
         preserve case = yes
         workgroup = Arlington
         server string = SAMBA
         comment = Public
         netbios name = FS1
         log file = /var/log/samba-log.%m
         load printers = yes
         mangle case = yes
         public = yes
         default = global

[homes]
         comment = home Directories
         browseable = yes
         read only = no
         create mode = 0750
         public = yes

[Accounting]
         path = /var/spool/markvision/vir_queues/acctg_laser_q
         comment = Accounting Laser
         create mode = 0700
         printable = yes
         security = server