Printer: Access denied, unable to connect

Peter Peltonen peter.peltonen at fivetec.com
Fri Oct 26 07:57:03 GMT 2001

I got a bit forward with my case:

I added to my printers share these options:

--<snip>--
  printer admin = nobody
  guest account = nobody
--</snip>--

and now I'm able to connect to the printer. But printing still doesn't
work:

--<snip>--
[2001/10/26 17:53:13, 0] printing/printing.c:print_job_start(926)
  print_job_start: insufficient permissions to open spool file
/var/spool/lpd/smbprn.000007.BFRQPZ.
--</snip>--

How do I give the user nobody permissions to use lpd?

Or would it be a better idea to create a new "sambaprint" user and make
her the printer admin and guest account?

Or should I switch to USER level security? If I use USER level security,
will users that have been setup with smbpasswd be able to print without
any modifications from my Win2k box? Do I have to setup the printer again,
making some user with an account made with smbpasswd the printer admin?

Regards,
Peter