2.2.2 swat and shadow

Gerald (Jerry) Carter jerry at samba.org
Fri Oct 26 05:34:04 GMT 2001

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Greg Louis wrote:

> That config.h says /* undef HAVE_TRUNCATED_SALT */  I tried your
> suggestion backwards (defined it) just out of blind curiosity (might be
> worth adding config.h dependencies in the Makefiles some day when
> nothing more pressing needs attention, BTW ;) and the resulting swat
> binary (a) worked with traditional crypt() passwords and (b) failed
> with md5 passwords, as before.  So HAVE_TRUNCATED_SALT makes no
> difference here.

ok.  Remind me of the ./configure options you used and I'll try
to reproduce this later this afternoon.  Also, send me your
include/config.h offlist so I can compare.

cheers, jerry
 www.samba.org              SAMBA Team              jerry_at_samba.org
 www.plainjoe.org                                jerry_at_plainjoe.org