two logon scripts

Jan Räther jan.raether at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Oct 26 04:21:04 GMT 2001

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 21:11:50 +1000 (EST)
speedboy <speedboy at nomicrosoft.org> wrote:

> > i thought of that already but the problem with this solution is that
> then
> > i have to edit about 1500 user script to add the entry for the global
> > script...
> > So if there's another solution it would save me alot of typing.
>
> You can not call yourself a system administrator. How about creating a
> shell script? You seriously were going to edit each by hand?

_have_ i ever called myself a system administrator? i think not. :) But of
course i won't edit each by hand. But even with (auto)editing all the
logon files it would not be done, our whole
auto-logonscript-create-script-thing then have to be rewritten.

--
Jan Räther
Universitaet Hamburg

Q:  How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
A:  Two.  One to hold the giraffe and the other to fill the bathtub
    with brightly colored machine tools.